$ To those of you who’ve subscribed to Postmark’d Studio’s PostBox or purchased one of our Special Delivery Boxes: Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am sure you have noticed every box comes with a pencil. Yes, no matter your order, it will always include a Postmark’d Studio pencil made in central California!
I absolutely love pencils and want to share my love of them with you. It is a nerdy obsession, admittedly, but when I am working, there must be at least three freshly sharpened pencils at the ready!
5 Fun Facts About Pencils
1) Did you know the hexagon pencil was created so the pencil would not roll off your desk?
2) Most pencils sold in America today have eraser tips, while those sold in Europe do not. Perhaps Europeans are more confident scribblers?
3) Pencils can write under water and in zero gravity.
4) Before the invention of erasers, breadcrumbs were used to erase mistakes.
5) It is said the average pencil can be used to draw a line 35 miles long or write 45,000 words. This has not been tested … anyone up to the challenge?
2 Fun Pencil Projects
You may find you are at a loss for creative ideas to send your friends Happy Birthday messages during the month of September. Maybe that’s because September is the most popular birth month in America. It must just nudge out August ’cuz, whew, I personally have a lot of friends and family with August birthdays!
Here are two suggestions to get your creative ideas flowing:
1) Confetti Envelope
2) Cupcake Envelope
This is a simple sketch of a cupcake (of course always done in pencil first!) that turns an ordinary envelope into an extraordinary gift. You could add pencil eraser confetti to put this piece of mail art over the top. I used this Draw with Me Challenge for a little inspiration to draw the cupcake.
Old School PostBox Spoiler
September is traditionally back-to-school time, and that means pencils! At Postmark’d Studio, the PostBox is going back to school … Old School.
$ave on 3-Month Subscription!
If you have not yet subscribed, I want to you offer you:
Already a subscriber and want to take advantage of this offer? I can extend your subscription three additional months.
I had a photo shoot for the October and November PostBoxes last week, and they are amazing, according to me! I want to share the wonderfulness of each box with all of you.
Pencil me a note. I would love to hear from you!